Monday, April 30, 2012

Cake Decorating Method

Hello my lovely followers/subscribers, who may be fewer and fewer these days since I'm a horribly infrequent poster, as many of my friends have pointed out!  I'm pleased to bring you a very simple, yet clever method of decorating cakes.  Although I cannot claim it as my own - I chanced upon a tutorial while web surfing and fell in love with this genius concept.  You can go to the tutorial here where it is explained just as well as I could explain it.  It's called frozen buttercream transfers and it's amazing, especially if you are not very artistic and/or too lazy to free hand a cool design.  I happen to be the latter!  I didn't take any pictures of the process but here is the finished product that I made for my son's birthday cake. 




This was the first time I tried doing a frozen buttercream transfer and it worked quite nicely.  Russell was very excited to dig in!  I'm sure the next time, it will be even better because I'll be more sure of what I'm doing and take a little more time to do some detailed line work.  

Happy cake decorating!

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment