Saturday, September 8, 2012

Russell Says the Darndest Things


I just thought I would document some verbal gems that Russ has been dropping lately, mostly in regards to Troy.  It seems he's really warmed to the babe.

1.  When introducing Troy to others:

  • "This is our baby, Troy.  He poops out his belly button" (he says pointing to umbilical cord).
  • "This is my new baby, Troy.  He cries all the day.  He sure does" (he says with raised eyebrows).
2.  When Troy cries:
  • "Mom!  You have to help my baby.  You have to help him, Mom!"
  • "Awww...he's sad.  Maybe it's because he pooped" (he says pointing to umbilical cord once again).
3.  When nursing Troy
  • Russ:"Why is his mouth on your boo-boos?"/ Me: "Because that's where he gets milk from; that's how he eats." / Russ: "Oh.  He can eat on my boo-boos (he asks as he lifts his shirt)?" / Me: "No, because you're a boy and I'm a Mommy." / Russ:  "Right.  My boo-boos is too small...and yours is BIG."
4.  When kissing Troy
  • "I just love him, Mom; I just do."

Man, I just love both of my beautiful boys; I just do.

-J





No comments:

Post a Comment