Wednesday, December 16, 2009

And Then There Were 77...Organs That is

My gall bladder is gone and I have four holes in my stomach to prove it! Unfortunately, they did not let me keep it or even take a picture of the pesky appendage. Everything went well though - at least as well as can been expected - and for the last few days I have felt like absolute crap! Nevertheless, I am alive and semi-well.

The only time I got scared was when they wheeled me into the O.R. and I had to let go of Ken's hand as he wasn't allowed to accompany me in. I saw those big lights overhead - people in scrubs busied themselves preparing this and that for the surgery and I thought to myself "what if I fall asleep and just never wake up?" I wasn't able to freak myself out for too long though because soon after and, without warning, the anesthetist sent me whirling into oblivion. Afterwards, Ken told me that when they started to wheel me away, the same worry invaded his thoughts and he felt the sudden urge to run after me. But...I woke up...so phew!

And soon I shall return to a normal but gall-bladderless existence a little wiser, a little lighter perhaps, and a little more grateful.

J

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear everything went well! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete