Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Soap Box

I just read this story and it made me want to spit with rage. It is so frustrating to know that we live in a world where women are still treated like little more than commodities and scapegoats for the gross improprieties of "religious," Patriarchal, power mongering, victim blaming men. It's absolutely disgusting and it breaks my heart. Thank goodness for initiatives like "Because I am a Girl." Gender equality furthers the cause of child survival and development for all society, which is why we should never underestimate the importance of women's rights.

Rant over. I shall now descend from my lofty soap box and get back to watching "Diego" with the boy.

-J

1 comment:

  1. It is disgusting and sick. Unfortunately, it is part of Sharia law that when a woman is raped she is persecuted for sex out side of marriage. It is wrong on so many levels and the most worrying thing is that the new government in Libya has announced it will govern using Sharia law. I greatly fear for the women and girls in that country.

    ReplyDelete