Saturday, December 3, 2011

The weather outside is frightful...

As we travelled down the highway at a snail's pace, barely able to see two cars lengths in front of ourselves because of the blustery snow, Ken and I had a simultaneous epiphany: let's cancel our plans and just have a cozy night in . As much as we were looking forward to those plans, a stressful night in the snow seemed a good reason to reschedule. So we made a very cautious u-turn and hightailed it home to some delicious Indian food and a warm house.

Then, since we were already snowed in, we decided to finally switch out our old chandelier in the kitchen for a much nicer, updated, yet economical replacement. My "before" and "after" photos got all mixed up and I'm too lazy to reload them so I'm going to spoil the surprise and show the "after" first.

AFTER: Lovely
BEFORE: Eighties Monstrosity!
A closer look at the blight on my kitchen.
Doesn't it remind you of a flying saucer?
I am so happy with the end result! However, now I want to switch out the table too...haha. It's a slippery slope this home improvement/decorating thing.

Now it's time to whip out the hot chocolate, gaze upon the beautiful Christmas tree and enjoy a classic family film that just so happens to be on TV tonight: Uncle Buck! Oh John Candy, you are a comedic genius!


-J

1 comment: