Sunday, May 6, 2012

Funny Story

The other day my sister came over for a visit and while she parked her car she noticed a few items neatly placed on the driveway.  She brought the rain soaked items in and asked me if they were mine.  I looked over the day planner and accompanying clipboard with built-in calculator and quickly surmised that they were not.  I took a peak inside and found some business cards that belonged to an Old Dutch distributor.  So I called him up and left a message saying that I had some things of his.

A couple of days later he calls me back and explains that his truck was broken into and that some items of his were missing because of it.  We chatted a bit more and discovered that he only lives a block away from me.  Some punks must have absconded with his stuff only to discard the less useful items neatly on my driveway (at least they were a little considerate).  I had some errands to run that day but I left his stuff out on the bench on the front porch for him to pick up.  When I came home a few hours later from my errands his items were gone and, much to my surprise, in their place were two boxes filled with Old Dutch chips!  


While I certainly didn't expect to be rewarded for merely trying to return a stranger's possessions, I must admit, it was pretty nice to get some free stuff haha.  These chips will definitely come in handy during BBQ season!  

-J

1 comment: