Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Trip Planning...Or Lack Of

I hate trip planning. In fact, I despise it. Here is a list of things that I also dislike but would prefer doing instead of trip planning:

wash dishes, do laundry, go to the bank to get loonies in order to do laundry, change Russell's poopy diaper, read Samuel Richardson's Clarissa, watch Everybody Loves Raymond, take a cold shower, pour chalk dust on my hands, play with a spider, watch eye surgery, attend a lecture on moral relativism, listen to the soundtrack from There will be Blood, bake a pie, rub my fingertips on newspaper, know the answer to a question in my mind but be unable to access that answer because my child has made me stupid etc...

I think you get the idea. For those of you who enjoy trip planning - please, by all means - plan away! But don't get mad at your partner for not wanting to join in on all the "fun." Just because I don't want to plan doesn't mean I don't love you and that I don't care about the trip. I'm doing other things that you hate to do.

Phew...glad that's off my chest.

J

P.S. This post is about you, Ken.

No comments:

Post a Comment