Thursday, March 19, 2009

Casualty of Discomfort

What a beautiful thing a lovely warm/hot shower is. It gently awakens you into morning awareness and relaxes the aching muscles of a restless sleep. But, oh, how I have taken this every-day luxury for granted.

For the past four days I have been without the comfort of a hot shower - as have the rest of the tenants in my building. Thank you landlord for speedily solving this problem (heavy sarcasm intended). Yesterday I couldn't stand my non-hygienical state any longer and braved the icey spray. Big mistake; I couldn't stop shaking for an hour afterwards and felt as though all the energy I had ever possessed had evaporated into airy thinness.

If I don't get a warm shower soon, someone is going to have to bear the brunt of my unease and, since proximity is key, it will most likely be my innocent husband. Poor Ken. Is it okay to be evil to someone if you warn them in advance?

J

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain Jane. My shower gives me oh...maybe 2 minutes of warm water. It takes everything I've got to get out the razor - when I absolutely have to. Be nice to Ken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane- Some may find this an awkward offer, but you are welcome to shower at our place. I believe that hot showers are right in this great country and I'm willing to assist in securing this right for others. One pregnant lady at a time...

    ReplyDelete