Thursday, March 12, 2009

Lost and Found

It has many names: "pregnancy brain," "baby brain drain," and, as my mother calls it, "prenatal brain fog." It's a "condition" experienced by expectant mothers often characterized by short term memory loss, forgetfullness and absant mindedness. Some say such a condition is a myth but I say screw you baby-brain nay sayers; there has to be some reason my gray matter has turned to mush!

Today I left my wallet at the cashier counter (I kid you not) three times! The first two times, the cashiers were kind enough to run my wallet out to me as I was obliviously vacating the store. The third time, a kind and ever-so beloved fellow-patron at Subway mentioned that he had seen a ladies wallet at the cashier counter and wisely advised that I check to see if I had misplaced mine. A mind that so carelessly and cavalierly capitualtes her cash is a confounded mind indeed (too much alliteration?).

It continues. Last night while watching Jeopordy, I missed the Thomas Hardy reference and confused Operation Torch with Operation Barbarossa, proving that I am not "far from the madding crowd" but smack dab in the middle of it. What kind of English/History major am I? This baby better be brilliant because he's sucking the smart out of me like a Peter's milkashake through a straw.

Hoping to return to the land of the learned soon,
J

P.S. I don't hate my baby.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You're having a baby!! CONGRATS! When are you due? Cool blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'm due April 29th. I guess our callings keep us pretty isolated...haha.

    ReplyDelete