Thursday, November 26, 2009

Catching Up

Today I talked to a friend that I haven't seen or talked to in years. It reminded me of the time he and my sister were in charge of the decorations for a Stake Youth activity (I was 14 and they were 16 at the time) and I volunteered to help them paint murals in my parent's garage. I flirted shamelessly with him and we soon became distracted by my great grandfather's wheel chair that was being stored there. He wheeled me down to the park where we lay in waiting for some unsuspecting passers-by to take advantage of. Then he pushed me down a great big muddy hill, pretending all along that he lost control of the wheel chair. I played my part perfectly and flew from the wheel chair (that was real), landing in a gross mud puddle at the bottom and faked that I couldn't move my legs. The joke became less funny when the couple we were "duping," genuinely concerned, ran down the hill to help me up. Rather than admit that we had played a joke on them, I continued to keep up the charade and let them help me back into the wheel chair. You would think that we might feel a little shame after that but...no...we just did it again to another couple but this time I pushed him down the hill. Awww...so stupid. We laughed and laughed and I had the hugest crush on him.

"The young are permanently in a state resembling intoxication." - Aristotle

J

No comments:

Post a Comment