Monday, November 16, 2009

The Kearls: a.k.a. "The Hippies"


The older I get, the more and more I appreciate the relationships I have nurtured, and will continue to nurture, with family. I also think we start to look a lot more alike - a phenomena that the girls in the family all took note of recently.

Last week Russell experienced his first plane ride to Langley to visit his BC relatives - or "hippy" relatives as Ken likes to call them. They aren't especially liberal; in fact, they are quite conservative. However, Ken thinks anyone from BC is a hippy...haha...so I guess that makes me one to. I'm okay with that. Russ was a very good flier! He immediately fell asleep when the plane started moving and didn't wake up until the plane touched the ground again. It was great.

We were in Langley for four very eventful days of birthday parties, baby showers, marathon chats and Rook matches. It was great to be back in the comforting and welcoming arms of "home" but it's even better being back in the new home I have helped to create with my own growing family. I sure do have a great template though.
J








No comments:

Post a Comment