Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Snotacoughaclingasaurus!

Russ has a COLD! And in true male fashion, his reaction to being sick is hugely disproportionate to the severity of his sickness. My goodness, the boy is a stage 5 clinger. At first I thought it was really cute because he doesn't often like to cuddle for long periods of time but now, as I sit here in the pajamas that I haven't taken off yet with sneeze juice all over them and tissues and burp cloths tossed in various places because my son SCREAMS like I just pulled out every one of his nose hairs with tweezers when I put him down, I have realized it is definitely not cute. I have not yet reached the stage where I just need to put my disease-riddled child down yet and leave the room for his own safety because Mommy is going insane; however, I can definitely see how it could go in that direction. Let's just hope he gets better soon. Even now as I'm typing with sicko-baby in my lap, he's making these pitiful whining/wheezy noises. Poor Russ! And poor Mommy!

J

2 comments:

  1. If Mommy needs a break on Friday, I'm home all day and would be happy to play Russ-watcher for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a true mama's post! We hope he gets better soon!
    Also, we love the new blog look! What a great family picture! You all look awesome! Take care

    ReplyDelete