Monday, November 23, 2009

The Mediocre Loser

There are some very fortunate women out there (a.k.a. freaks of nature) who snap back from having kids like a rubber band to their svelte pre-pregnant bodies. I,too, am like a rubber band but more like one of those bands that has been stretched around a dusty file folder for too long, is all dried out and won't go back to its former shape no matter how much you want it to. No, I am not one of "those" women. However, I do happen to know a few and when I think of them I get all bitter inside.

Therefore, I shall not dwell on how blessed they are but shall celebrate my own successes as fully distinguished and separate. Which leads me to announce that after 6 weeks of healthy eating and exercise I have reached my first milestone: I have lost 12 lbs!! I know, it's not all that impressive. The weight is coming off slowly but it's coming off. Only 30 more lbs to go...ugh. Man, I feel like a burger.

J

3 comments:

  1. I sure feel your pain! I am not one of those women either and am currently on a big South Beach push hoping to see some results though the fact that it's been a week and I haven't lost a single pound is sure getting me down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, I'm getting really tired of salad! You will lose - it's hard to be patient when all you really want is for five pounds to melt off in the first week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Work work Jane! Keep it up! If you need a walking buddy, I would love to go!

    ReplyDelete