Wednesday, May 11, 2011

At a loss

I've been noticing lately that my pants have been fitting a little more snugly and my face has become more round...so...it's time for some serious action. My plan is to lose 30 lbs in 3 months which is just over two pounds a week. Ken thought I should shoot for 40 but I don't really think that is realistic for me so 30 it is!

How: ~1500 calorie diet high in protein, veggies and low in sugar and carbs
- Keeping a food journal to keep myself honest about what and how much I actually consume
- 30 minutes of cardio (walking, running, zumba etc...) a day coupled by 30 minutes of strength training (weights, crunches, squats etc...)

My weight and measurements are too embarrassing to post to the world but every two weeks I will post how much I have lost. And if I actually reach my goal, then I might post what my real weight and measurements were. In between, I hope to post some yummy, healthy recipes and tricks/rewards I use to keep myself motivated. Hopefully this will keep me accountable to myself and, perhaps, also to you.

I started on Monday and so far I'm on track. Wish me luck!

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment