Monday, May 16, 2011

Quinoa For Breakfast?

Before you shake your head at me, you should try this recipe. It's healthy (the Quinoa is a good source of protein and amino acids), tastes great and can be adapted to suit your tastes. This is the way I ate it:

1/2 c. cooked Quinoa
1/4 c. soy milk (or less depending on how think you like things)
1 Tbsp Agave Nectar (or brown sugar)
1 Tbsp Flax seed
1/2 Apple diced
1 tsp cinnamon

Heat everything up in a pot on the stove until the apples are soft and that's it: breakfast! Feel free to tweak the amounts and the type of fruit you use. It would also taste delicious with a splash of vanilla instead of cinnamon and blueberries instead of apples. It's up to you.

-J

1 comment:

  1. Just tried the Quinoa for breakfast - well, technically for dinner while running out the door late for Zack's soccer practice. It was delicious. I will definitely be having it again - hopefully when I have time to truly savor the experience. Also, I just realized that I didn't add the sugar or flax seed. Maybe I'll try it with that next time. :) Great recipe!

    By the way, I love your blog! We should do something together soon. Call me! :)

    ReplyDelete