Tuesday, February 16, 2010

2 Years


Let me preface this post by saying that Ken is not a romantic. He does not plan ahead for special events; he does not whisper sweet nothings in my ear (unless they are dripping with sarcasm) and he does not surprise me with...well...anything. He is a scientist, an introvert, and...a robot...haha just kidding!

That being said, yesterday was our 2 year Anniversary and I knew that I wasn't going to wake up to flowers or some sort of well thought out gift or surprise. So I had a surprise of my own up my sleeve. I found the perfect card to give to Ken and it read something like this:

Some girls need chocolates or presents to feel special on their Anniversary/ but all I need is YOU (because I have no other choice)/ Happy Anniversary!

I thought it was hilarious when I saw it in the store but, for some reason, Ken didn't find it nearly as amusing. And then I gave him a box of Purdy's chocolates, that he became very excited about eating, just to drive the irony home...haha.

It's true though - as corny and trite as it sounds - all I need is him. And that's exactly who I had that night when we had a three course dinner at the rotating 360 Restaurant in the Calgary Tower. The scenery was wonderful, the food was delicious but the company was far superior.

J

3 comments:

  1. haha! I love the card!! Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are hilarious! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrew is the same way and I try to tell him that once in a while flowers or a card or SOMETHING would be nice! I love the card! I might have to find it and give it to Andrew for our next Anniversary! haha

    btw, I LOVE your wedding photo!!!!

    ReplyDelete