Thursday, February 4, 2010

Analyze This

Every so often I experience a reoccurring dream where I attend my own funeral. I float above myself and watch all the important people in my life grieve together and say wonderful things about me. When I woke up I would joke to myself that all I had to do to get people to compliment me was die! Just kidding...but that would totally be an extreme way to fish for compliments. Anyway, today I was bored and decided to look up on the internet what my dream might mean. I came across a site that has this to say about it:

To dream of your own death, indicates a transitional phase in your life. You are becoming more enlightened or spiritual. Alternatively, you are trying desperately to escape the demands of your daily life.

I don't think I'm "desperately trying to escape the demands of my daily life;" however, I do think that perhaps I am becoming a little more spiritual, or at the very least, more introspective. For example, the other day I was doing some Yoga (Ken got me a DVD for Christmas) and usually I'm too busy trying to get the position right or trying to focus on my breathing to really get anything spiritual out of it but this time when the end of the session neared and I was breathing correctly and I was listening to the instructor talk about being grateful and letting go of all negative energy and filling your heart and mind with positive energy - I actually started to cry! It was kind of strange but kind of awesome at the same time. Anyways, I hope that my dream is indicative of this type of spiritual growth and not the other interpretation. Who knows...maybe I'm subconsciously repressing my desperateness but if anyone tells me that I will deny, deny, deny!!!

J










No comments:

Post a Comment