Thursday, March 25, 2010

Abstract Painting


One of my New Years Resolutions was to paint more because I used to paint all the time. So, for the last three months I have been doing a lot of abstract painting - extremely abstract. No brush, no paint, no canvas - I just think about it a lot...haha. Abstract, indeed! Finally, today I pulled out my kit and a practice canvas board and just painted. It was really nice. Russell was napping and I had to be quick so I didn't plan or do any rough sketches first - I just let my hand do whatever it wanted to do. I did not expect to create any grand masterpiece, and I definitely didn't, but it was relaxing to reconnect with an old hobby - like reuniting with a childhood friend. I'm already starting to think about what I'll do next. Russell, expect to be ignored in the very near future.

J

3 comments:

  1. Lovely work Jane! Let me know if you do want to take a trip to the zoo. We have an annual guest pass so if you endure our company then you and Russ can get in free :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane, so great to find you cousin!!! It has been a long time. I wish I could go to Calgary for the reunion this summer but will be having my baby about 2 weeks after the reunion. Come over and check out my blog. You have a beautiful family. I can't believe how grown up you are. =>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane and Ken, you both rock my world. It seems it is a "tie" because now you paint Jane (quite well I might add) and Ken has the talent of charictures/portaiture.

    ReplyDelete